Thursday, January 15, 2009

Devan and Marie's Wedding

Last week, Steve, Kylie and I had the pleasure of flying out to Utah to attend Marie (Steve's sister) and Devan's wedding in the Salt Lake temple. We had a great time visiting with family and enjoying the beauty of Utah. The highlight of the trip, though, was THE WEDDING!!

We flew out Wednesday morning, bright and early. This is a little trick we learned after our last stint of miserable flights - fly out in the morning, when the little gal is less fussy... Kylie did great on the flights, she slept a lot, and we arrived in Utah to sunny skies and snow covered mountains. Love it! We got to visit with my Aunt Martha (my mother's sister), Uncle Cary and their bunch, which was neat, because I don't get to see them that often. Then we ate at Cafe Rio (love that pulled pork), which Steve thoroughly enjoyed. That night the rest of the family arrived, and the fun began!

I forget how hectic weddings are, but they're so much more fun when everyone pitches in to get things accomplished, which the O'Brien's do a great job at. Speaking of the O'Brien's, we rented a condo by Thanksgiving Point that was LOVELY (five bedrooms, two fireplaces, big screen tv's, hot tub, pool table), and it was great for us all to be able to stay together. Kylie enjoyed all of the action. Thursday was spent in preparation for the wedding, Friday much the same. Friday night was the reception in Holden (ever heard of Holden, UT?? Tiny little town two hours south of SL), which Kylie endured semi-well. I was stressed out a little because of her crankly attitude, but we made it through. Saturday was the BIG day, and let me tell ya, it was special. We had a brunch with both families in the morning, and then headed over to the temple. Steve's Aunt Judy watched Kylie for us, and Steve and I got to attend the sealing. The Salt Lake Temple's beauty always takes my breath away, and to see Marie and Devan getting sealed there, well, I cried my eyes out. I took in every minute of being able to be with Steve in the temple, we don't get to do that much now that our princess arrived.

Sunday morning we flew back home, Kylie was great again, slept a lot. Now we're back to normal life, which is nice in and of itself.

Congratulations Marie and Devan!

Some picture of our trip:
At the reception




Me with my eyes closed

1 comment:

O'Brien family said...

The wedding was great! I loved getting to know Kylie better. She is so sweet! It was great being with you guys. Thank you for all you did. Love you, Mom