Friday, March 13, 2009

Roadtrip! kinda...

This past week Steve had to travel to New York for work. This the first time that he was away for more than one night, and I decided that Kylie and I being alone in this apartment at night just would NOT do. So I high-tailed it down to Rockford, to stay with Sarah (Steve's sister), Danny and their eighteen month old son Jackson. Lucky for me, Kylie slept the whole time on our little roadtrip down to Rockford, and all the way back. Perfect!

We had a blast. Kylie enjoyed hanging out with Jackson, and playing with his toys. Jackson really does have the best toys. So much more fun than Kylie's Little People barn that lost its charm months ago, or her gum ball machine that plays music as it spits out its balls filled with rings and lollipops. We loved Sarah and Danny's big basement that is childproofed, where babies can roam free. Kylie loved having Jackson around to play with, so much that she didn't want to take her naps during the day. I think she didn't want to miss out on the action. It was nice for me to have some adult interaction, the days passed by so quick.

Being in a house made it harder for me to come back home to our apartment.....but anyway...

Tuesday night Sarah and I went out to do a little shopping and Danny watched the kids. They made some video's, which are adorable. Check them out.





Wednesday night Steve got home, bearing gifts. He brought me back a little box of chocolates from Mario Batali's restaurant Del Posto (he had dinner there on Tuesday night) and cookies from the bakery next door to his hotel. Does he love me or what? The chocolates were delicious, and the cookies were one of my favorite kinds - snickerdoodles.

To conclude, I have decided that from now on when Steve is gone, I will reside at Sarah and Danny's. It's just too sweet to have them so close, and Sarah always goes on chocolate runs with me. What could be better!

1 comment:

O'Brien family said...

I'm so glad you and Kylie spent some time with Sarah, Danny and Jackson. I was thinking about you 2 being on your own without Steve. I love the videos. Can't wait to see you all in a few weeks!!Love, Mom