Monday, June 8, 2009

Kickstarting the Fitness

Running lately has been a challenge. I have my jogging stoller, that I love, but the weather has been cold and rainy lately, making running outdoors a little on the difficult side. I can't run indoors in our gym, because the treadmill is a little too interesting to someone who crawls all over the place now. What to do?

First things first, I needed new running shoes. So I picked up these beauties, and even got them on sale. The friendly sales guy gave me $5 off the purchase price (why he did that is a mystery to me, but I'll take it), and then I used my $10 off coupon from my entertainment book, and these babies were just the right price.

Next, I got a deal on a family membership at the Y. Three months for the whole family, only $177 dollars. Who could pass that up? Now I have zero excuses for not exercising, and I'm well on my way to running Crazy Legs next year. Hopefully..

4 comments:

Linda said...

Good for you! I love new running shoes. We are all over crazy legs!

O'Brien family said...

Nice shoes!

Jesse said...

Good job. It is so hard to find exercise time when you've got a little kid! I had been doing it during nap time. But that meant that I spent half the day unshowered in my exercise clothes. And then if I didn't get through my workout fast enough to squeeze in a shower, I spent the other half of the day sweaty, unshowered and in my exercise clothes. And if I had somewhere to be in the morning... forget it. Now I get up in the morning before the kids. It is great for my schedule but my workouts aren't quite as good that early in the morning. What can you do? If you find the answer, please share!

Jessica said...

Hey Tamara, I saw your blog on Jess blog, so I added you guys! We had fun babysitting Kylie! She is so darn cute! Let me know if you ever need a sitter! :)

P.S. Now if you could convince Justin to let me get a YMCA pass....i got new running shoes...but no gym pass...