Thursday, November 18, 2010

Introducing Kara Grace O'Brien

On the morning of October 8, 2010, we left for the hospital at 4:45am so that we could be at the hospital (West Allis Memorial) at 5:30am. I didn't sleep much the night before, a little anxious for what lied ahead, combined with the uncomfortableness of pregnancy. Mom had arrived from North Carolina the day before, so she was able to come with Steve and I to the hospital. Kylie stayed at home with her Aunt Sarah and Uncle Danny, and cousins Jackson and Parker. Here I am in the triage room, before the process got started.
At 7:54am our baby Kara Grace was born. She weighed 5 lbs. 12 oz's. We were surprised with her petite size, but she is just perfect!
She is a joy to have, and gets lots of kisses and hugs from Big Sister Kylie. Kylie loves to hold Kara and is such a loving sister. She has impressed us with her capacity to embrace Kara, and we can't imagine our lives without these two girls.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Doth mine eyes deceive me? A post! :) Can't wait to snuggle that little baby next week! Such cute sisters. Aren't we lucky??

Jodee Luke said...

She is adorable...and so teeny tiny! I'm really happy for you guys. Hope everything (and everyone) is doing great.

Miranda said...

They are perfect! How are you doing? Let me know if I can help out in any way.

Galloway Fam said...

I absolutely love these pics. We love you gals.

Unknown said...

Haha...Kylie looks like a punk rocker in the last pic :) I'm glad everything went alright! Can't wait to meet Kara!

O'Brien family said...

so happy to read a new post...especially to see such cute pictures of the girls!! thanks

Susannah said...

Yay baby Kara! We are so EXCITED to meet her and see your *COMPLETE* family in December!!!!!!!!