Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The New Bedroom Downstairs

When we moved into our new home, Steve and I decided it would be nice to add a fourth bedroom downstairs, in the unfinished part of our basement. It wasn't high on the priority list, though. We had other improvements that were more important. At the end of June of this year, those improvements had been completed, and we made the decision to move forward with adding the new bedroom downstairs.

Since I was pregnant, I couldn't really help much with this project. Steve drew out the floorplan of the new room, and got to work framing, insulating and sheetrocking (along with Danny's help). He also wired the new room, and did all the ductwork, so the room is heated and cooled. A contractor completed the mudding and texturing of the walls. A fresh coat of paint and new carpet finished the project. Of course, this provided me an excellent opportunity to go shopping to decorate the new room. Below is the finished product. It was completed about two weeks before Kara came, which was perfect timing so when family came to visit after her birth, they had a new room to stay in. I am so proud of my handy husband!


6 comments:

Jodee Luke said...

Wow it looks great, I'm impressed! It's so nice to have an extra bedroom. Hope you guys are doing well.

O'Brien family said...

That is a very comfortable room! I am so excited when I see a new post. Thanks.

Jessica said...

What a handy husband you do have! The room is darling!

Unknown said...

Do Suz and I get to be the first guests in it next week?? Or did you already promise it to Betsy? :)

Tamara said...

It's all yours Ben! Yet another advantage of being married :-)

Miranda said...

Looks great! Way to go Steve!