Kara had her four month doctor's appointment today, a couple of weeks ahead of schedule. She had ear infections two weeks ago, so the doctor wanted to have a follow up appointment today, and went ahead and did the four month appointment at the same time. Her stats are as follows:
Height: 23 inches (20th percentile)
Weight: 10 pounds, 8.5 ounces (5th percentile)
Length for Age: 20th percentile
Head Circumference: 15.35 inches
Kara is in a 3 hour cycle. She gets fed, is awake for an hour to an hour and a half, she goes down for a nap, then wakes up in about an hour to an hour and a half, and is fed. We do this cycle throughout the day. She goes down around 7 or 8 at night, wakes up around 1am and 4am to eat. Then by 6:30 or 7 she is awake for the day. I wish she took longer naps, and didn't wake during the night but since she doesn't eat a lot still, she has to wake up more frequently. She will start on cereal twice a day now, in hopes that will help her put on more weight.
At this stage of life Kara -
* Likes to play on the floor under her little "jungle". She will swat at her animals for over an hour, talking away to them.
* She enjoys Daddy carrying her around in her Baby Bjorn when he gets home.
* Smiles when I get her out of her crib in the morning.
* Makes a poopy diaper every other day.
* Likes to suck on her binky when going down for a nap. The doctor says that by six months I will need to end this habit...which will be sad for me..
* Has very little hair on her head, which I am guessing will continue to be the case until she's around 2 years old, just like Kylie
* Giggles if I tickle her tummy
* Still has some cradle cap, which I work on removing all of the time, but it takes its time in disappearing.
I love this little gal to pieces, I really do. She is so laid back. Her personality is coming out more, which is fun to watch. I'm so grateful that she is happy and healthy and strong.