Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Woman on the Move

Last Friday night, at the ripe age of 9.5 months, our little gal crawled across the floor for the first time. Yay! This was a HUGE relief! A relief you may ask? Let me explain. Whenever I go out, people always ask me how old Kylie is (I'm sure this is a common question of anyone with kids, but I'm new to having a child, so this line of questioning is new to me). They would then go on to say something like, "Oh, so she's crawling now I'm sure. Is she walking yet?". I would then respond that she isn't crawling yet..blah..blah..blah. So anyway, I wasn't worried, because I knew that our princess would crawl when she was good and ready, and it just wasn't time yet.

Friday Steve went to a conference for work, so he wore this name badge around his neck for the conference, and was wearing it when he got home. This was a colorful badge, and was quite interesting to Kylie, because when Steve got home he laid it on the floor beside him and went to play with Kylie. She took note of it (she loves accessories), and then proceeded to crawl across the floor to it. We moved it, she followed, crawling still. We couldn't believe it. This was not the army crawl either, oh no. On all fours, she made her way to the other side of the room. So she was waiting until she had the crawl perfected before she unveiled her moves. I get it. Anyway, I looked at her going across the floor, and ran into the other room. Steve follows behind. "Are you crying?" he says. OF COURSE I AM CRYING! My baby has just reached a milestone, proving that she is no longer a baby. And yes, I will cry at all of the significant milestones. It's what I do. I love this little gal, she just impresses me all the time.

Last night Steve was away, and Kylie and I were hanging out. It was around 7pm, and I was getting her ready for bed. I took her little outfit off, and was about to put her in her sleeper, and she started hamming it up. She loves playing around in her onesie. So I got out the video camera. The best part of the video is at the end, she crawled for the camera. The video is a little long….

2 comments:

O'Brien family said...

so cute! She is really moving now! That was so funny to see her put that "blankee" on her head and then flip it off. She is sure growing up!!
Love you guys!

Jessica said...

She is too cute! I just love her smile, she is a gorgeous girl. Watch out boys!