Thursday, February 12, 2009

Trip to North Carolina

Last week Kylie and I headed to North Carolina for a few days to visit family. I have a grandfather whose health continues to decline, and I wanted to spend some time with him. I also wanted to have a chance to tell him that I loved him, while he was still alive. (wiping a tear...) So Kylie and I decided to take a direct flight to Charlotte where my parents live, and then drive to Wilmington to see the grandparents.

The weather in North Carolina is always better than the weather in Wisconsin (or at least that's how it feels..). This time, not so much. The first night we were there Kylie woke up at about midnight screaming, and when I went into her bedroom to get her, I see the ground covered in snow. I was in shock. It never snows there. Just my luck... Every day it seemed to warm up a little more, so by the time Saturday rolled around and I was getting on the plane to come back, it was around 55 degrees. Which was the same temperature it was in Milwaukee when I got home.

Kylie and I really enjoyed spending time with family. We miss them so much. Below are a few pictures of the fun:



Kylie and Grampy horsing around. Notice the firm grasp she has on his hair. One of her favorite moves.

Kylie with Grandma Rosie

No comments: